Maraş Ulu Mosque
Just south of the Maraş Fortress stands the Ulu Mosque next to the town square. It was built by Dulkadiroğlu Suleyman bey. It is understood from the inscription above the crown door it was repaired in 1496 by Süleyman Bey's son Alâddevle. It has a rectangular main venue that is subdivided into seven rows perpendicular to the nave altar wall. The borders consisting of mukarnas, palmate and lotus motifs draw attention with their careful workmanship. The eastern, western and southern outer fronts of the previously restored mosque are plastered. The minaret, which is not attached to the mosque, has maintained its original structure. The Ulu Mosque has been consistently repaired, with the last restoration made in 2007, keeping true to its historical features.